Closed Loop helps divert waste from landfill now by:
- Providing organic waste recycling machines for on-site operation
- Installing mobile material sorting facilities for events and remote locations
- Sourcing recyclable packaging that can be easily recaptured and re-used
- Employing a team of experienced cleaning staff who aim to recycle as much material as possible from any sized site.
Closed Loop helps reduce future waste to landfill by:
- Undertaking waste audits to identify composition and areas for improvement
- Utilising effective resource (waste) management programmes that find the best suppliers and divert the most waste
- Designing staff and stakeholder communications to help engender the right behaviour.
The typical outcomes from a Closed Loop programme are improved efficiency, cost effective waste management, a changeover of selected packaging products to recyclable and biodegradable packaging, and the establishment of organic units to compost all food waste. Closed Loop activities include:
- Quantifying and mapping waste material streams
- Resource service contract tendering
- Professional Waste Management contract tendering and transfer
- Waste Resource Management
- Managing everyday general waste and recycling services, monthly invoicing and reporting, and semi- annual service review and optimisation
- Supplier Programme
- Work with customers’ key suppliers to minimise waste and improve material efficiency
- Zero Waste programme and
- A comprehensive programme to eliminate waste from business operations.
Based in Melbourne, Sydney, London and Hong Kong, Closed Loop builds strong partnerships with its clients to design, deliver, communicate and measure bespoke waste management solutions that provide the best possible economic, social and environmental outcomes. Closed Loop will continue to expand into organics recycling, as well as land management. Land degradation can be addressed in some instances through food waste; these valuable nutrients when composted can be returned to the soil where they are needed. Closed Loop aims to expand the zero waste programme, which is the integration of its service offerings into a management system that allows an organisation to achieve zero waste.