Impact Institute is a social enterprise and True Price 'spin-off' (True Price is a non-profit organisation focused on maintaining a standard and community which understands true pricing by monetising externalities).
Impact Institute is heavily involved in accelerating the transition to a more circular and inclusive economy. Their flagship Integrated Profit & Loss (IP&L) is a reporting and strategic decision making tool that quantifies the end results by expressing various economic, environmental and social impacts in one metric. It identifies and quantifies the greatest sustainability risks and consolidates the impact of business activities while providing an innovation agenda. The True Price method (trueprice.org) provides brands with a tool on product level to discover how sustainable their products are and what steps would contribute most towards improvement.
Impact Institute is involved in regional and global initiatives, including:
• Co-founder of the Dutch SDG Charter, a movement dedicated to catalysing joint efforts between different actors and stakeholders.
• Natural Capital Coalition, a movement aimed at helping companies understand their impacts and dependencies on natural capital.
For the circular economy, Impact Institute's ambition is to provide organisations with the measurement tools to:
• Quantify positive and negative impacts of products and services by means of monetisation
• Identify and assess opportunities for the circular economy and risks for linear businesses
• Facilitate strategic discussions to maximise the positive impact of circular economy products and initiatives