Are you passionate about front-end development and looking to make a positive impact with your work?
At the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, we build products and experiences that enable our global community of innovators to change the way the economy works. We need talented and creative developers to help us fulfil our mission.
If you are experienced with the React ecosystem and enjoy working in a flexible and innovative environment then we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to our Technical Lead, your role will include:
- Front-End Development. Employing and honing your React skills in the creation of modern, engaging and accessible front-end interfaces.
- Digital Champion. Working to ensure that our sites and systems are developed with modern software development best practice and tools, in order to provide high quality digital experiences to our users and support the digital team in realising the Ellen Macarthur Foundation’s vision.
- Technical Support. Working with content owners and stakeholders to ensure that they understand how to use our software to meet their needs.
- Testing. Carrying out functional and user testing of our systems and of new features as they are developed, to ensure the high quality of our products.
- Agile Development. Collaborating with other developers, designers and UX researchers as part of an agile team, to provide digital solutions for the Ellen MacArthur Foundation.
Ideally you will have skills/experience in the following areas:
- a knowledge and passion for web development, including an understanding of recent technologies and current software development best practice.
- a pragmatic problem solver, a clear communicator and a thoughtful coder.
- familiar with code versioning tools such as Git and developer processes such as Pull Requests and Code Reviews.
- experience collaborating with both technical and non-technical team members to produce high-quality digital products.
- a good academic record in relevant disciplines (Computer Science, Maths, Science, Engineering) is useful.
- a passion for producing quality code is essential.
Desired starting date: asap
Salary package: Competitive within the charity sector and with generous holiday allowance, gym membership etc.
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight (with potential for initial remote working dependent upon travel restrictions).