The world’s leading forum for exploring the idea of the circular economy.
Thank you for watching and participating in the 2017 Summit.
The live stream has now finished but do check back to this page soon for all the highlights.
In its 5th edition, the Summit brings together the world’s leading thinkers, innovators and pioneers who are refining and implementing a vision for an economic system that works.
Join A View from the Summit - a live stream show curated by the Disruptive Innovation Festival team, broadcasting all the summit sessions alongside guest interviews, live reaction and an exploration into the topics covered during the day.
11:00 - 11:30: A View from the Summit | Part 1
11:30 - 12:45: New worldview
When you discover the circular economy, the world never looks the same again. How can we spark the shift in mindset required to make system change inevitable?
- Phil Brown, TU Delft Circular Product Design PhD Researcher
- Leyla Acaroglu, Sustainability Provocateur, Designer & Sociologist
- Rowan Conway, Director of Innovation and Development, The RSA
12:45 - 14:00: A View from the Summit | Part 2
14:00 - 15:00: Convergent forces
A set of powerful mega trends are rapidly advancing and shaking the foundations of society. The circular economy provides a design approach to harness these forces and modernise the economy.
- Tim Brown, Chief Executive, IDEO
- Jonathan Ledgard, Founder, New Machine
15:00 - 15:45: A View from the Summit | Part 3
15:45 - 17:00: A Bio economy
Our industrialised, extractive food system is at breaking point. Instead of waiting for the crisis, technologies such as regenerative agriculture and synthetic biology give us the chance to feed the 9 billion whilst rebuilding natural capital.
- Nikki Silvestri, CEO/Founder of Soil and Shadow
- Istvan Kenyeres, President, The Biopolus Institute
- Patrick Holden, Chief Executive, Sustainable Food Trust
17:00 - 18:00: A View from the Summit | Part 4
18:00 - 19:00: Designing a new prosperity
- Prof. Douglas Rushkoff, Author, Throwing Rocks at the Google Bus
- Chris Kutarna, Author, Age of Discovery
- Ken Webster, Head of Innovation, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
19:00 - 19:10: A View from the Summit | Part 5
Join the conversation by tweeting @CircularEconomy and using #2017SummitTweets by circulareconomy