Business Research Analyst
An opportunity to re-think & re-design the future
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation has an opportunity for an exceptional individual to join our team in Cowes, Isle of Wight, to support our global business innovation programme.
The successful candidate will be business literate, have strong research and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various management levels, across a variety of business functions, industries and geographies.
What we do
The Ellen MacArthur Foundation is an independent charity with the mission to accelerate the transition to a circular economy. The Foundation works across three interlinking areas:
• Education – inspiring a generation to re-think the future
• Business – catalysing circular innovation across the economy
• Analysis – providing robust evidence about the benefits of the transition Please refer to www.ellenmacarthurfoundation.org/about for further details.
Roles & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will join the business team as Research Analyst, contributing to our global programmes. You will take part in delivering the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s objectives through the following activities:
• Research and analysis. Working with the Foundation’s business team, external research partners, and members of our worldwide business network to identify and analyse common challenges and leading solutions for the transition to a circular economy.
• Knowledge transfer. Producing case studies, insight papers and tools enabling companies and regions to adopt circular economy practices. Supporting the development and facilitation of workshops and other events.
• Knowledge application. Applying the research to the challenges of specific businesses or regions in order to support transition projects.
• Internal capability building. Actively contributing to developing the Foundation’s expertise through the development of the Foundation’s knowledge repository.
• The intellectual capacity and analytical skills to understand the principles of the circular economy and to apply them to different regions, industries and companies.
• The intellectual curiosity and capacity to actively contribute to the development of new insights and thought leadership.
• Business literacy.
• The ability to write engaging documents, to interact effectively at all levels of an organisation and to contribute proactively to problem solving in meetings and workshops.
• Language skills are a plus.
• A knack for creative and innovative ideas.
• The motivation to achieve stretching goals within deadlines.
• A proactive, can-do attitude.
• A strong team bias and the ability to work independently.
You will have a postgraduate degree or equivalent work experience in business, economics, engineering, science or other relevant discipline. Business experience, for example in a research or analysis role, would be an asset.
• would like the opportunity to work in a dynamic, committed and creative team
• relish the freedom to create and shape the detail of a new role, and
• are keen to play a part in the evolution of the circular economy…
please apply by sending:
• Your CV and cover letter, with salary expectation
• Three brief paragraphs demonstrating you possess the skills detailed in the person specifications above (research skills, communication skills, mindset).
Please send your application to:
or post to
Ellen MacArthur Foundation The Sail Loft,
42 Medina Road,
Isle of Wight, PO31 7BX
Closing date for applications: Friday 7th February 2014
Interviews will take place over February, on the Isle of Wight (initial phone
interviews may be arranged if needed)
Desired starting date: as soon as possible (ideally by the beginning of March 2014)
Salary package: circa £30k dependent on experience level
The first macroeconomic report series into the size of the prize for business in the transition to a circular economy
Register to receive a monthly update from the Foundation, with latest news, editorial comment and event opportunities
Film clips, publications, colour graphics, presentations…raw material for a range of educational activities.